25 June 2011

Labbaik Allaahumma Labbaik...

24 May, 2011

Around 2pm, we set off to Mecca by bus again. All ready in Ihram attire, most of us in whites.
I didnt prepare a specific white Ihram clothes from home, i planned to wear any of my jubah or abaya which is not white. But later i realised all my sisters ready with white clothes according to sunnah, then i decided to buy one at Medina. A simple white jubah.

It was hot sunny afternoon, as usual. My sister sat beside me fell asleep immediately. I cant help but feeling nervous through the whole long journey. So i read thru my guide book studiously. Tht was my first time to perform Umrah, i was pretty worry i might overlook some important points especially about Restrictions during Ihram.

Shortly later we reached Bir Ali Mosque for miqat. It's the nearest miqat point from Medina and the furthest point from Mecca (Medina direction). Jemaah from Medina will stop for miqat at Bir Ali mosque, located at Dhul Hulayfa.

Photobucket

We performed solat sunat tahayatul mesjid, solat sunat Ihram and niat (intent) to perform Umrah here.
It's a beautiful mosque but we couldnt spend long time here bcs we rushed to further our long journey to Mecca. We should reach Mecca before midnite otherwise it will be tiring to perform Umrah after late nite.

Before we set off from Bir Ali, our mutawwif again reminded about Ihram and its restrictions and lead us  to recite Niat Ihram for Umrah. Especially for ladies, for those in mense & before mense, in order to avoid problems in completing our Umrah, lest we have to pay Dam.

Anas said, describing how the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) entered ihram, said that he said:  
Labbayka Umratan la riya’a fiha wa la sum’ah  
[Here I am for Umrah in which there is no showing off or seeking reputation.] 

We then recite Talbiyyah throughout the journey, it is sunnah for us to recite Talbiyyah as often as possible until we perform Tawaf.


Photobucket


‘Here I am O Allaah, (in response to Your call), here I am. Here I am, You have no partner, here I am. Verily all praise, grace and sovereignty belong to You. You have no partner.’

Sebak sangat bila menyebut nyebut talbiyah ni, bila dihayati maknanya..
Dalam panas terik petang tu, hujan membasahi di dalam hati dan di pipi.

"Ya Allaah, terimalah daku hambaMu yang hina ini
terimalah daku dengan sebaik-baiknya
izinkan aku beribadah kepadaMu dengan tenang, dengan sempurna
ampunkan dosa-dosaku Ya Allaah, dan terimalah ibadahku"


We reached around 10pm, we stayed at Dar el Iman Hotel in Safa Tower. Alhamdulillah, again our stay was very close to Mesjid.  It's just about 40m away from King Abdul Aziz entrance.
Shortly after settled our luggage to the room, we made our way to Al-Haram to perform Umrah.
My very first Umrah.

SubhanaAllaah...upon seeing Baitullah before my eyes, i lost my words to describe.
There, my dream came true...
 I didnt bother to take any pic on that night. My mind was so pregnant with emotions.
Syukur Ya Allah, syukur...

0 comments:

Post a Comment